Saturday, December 8, 2012

Battlegrounds!

Had a chance to sit down and play my very first game of 6th edition on Thursday night at a little store called Battlegrounds in Plainville (http://www.battlegroundgames.com/). After a nice little drive down 495 in rush hour traffic (YIKES!), I managed to get a small, five hundred point game in with my Space Wolves against a nice guy named Tyler, who showed me the ropes.

All I can say is... wow! Things sure have changed. My Space Wolf list was done up in the prime of 5th edition, and, not knowing what to expect, I carried the core troop choices over into the new edition. At the time, the list was an assaulty night mare. Power fists, Mark of the Wulfen, Standard, all with Wolf Guard leaders with power fists or thunder hammers of their own!

Now, with the assault phase being very different, I was torn to bits by Tyler's bolter fire.


These are my guys! The Company of The Dead, featuring a custom made Wolf Priest.


My other squad. Notice the Mark of the Wolfen character. I call him Joe.


Close up of the Wolf Priest.


Tyler's forces, two squads of Grey Hunters, his wolf lord on a Thunder Wolf, and his Wolf Guard Battle Leader.


Close up of Tyler's HQ.


Approaching from around the hill, my plasma squad is cut to ribbons by bolter fire!


After the initial assault, counter assault, and Tyler's turn again, not much is left of my melta squad.

Despite the loss, I had a fantastic time, met some folks, and am eagerly waiting for next week. I'll be taking my guard out for a spin, see what sort of havoc a much more shooty list can get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment