Saturday, January 5, 2013

Forge/Maulerfiend

I received one of the new Forgefiend kits back in November for my birthday, and have recently broken it open and assembled it.

Now, I enjoy magnetizing my models. Saves on having to buy multiples, gives you more options, and, it can add another layer of challenge to the build. But in the case of the Forgefiend, it would seem that good ol' Games Workshop is trying to move in a direction that takes the challenge to a whole new level.

I took some time to look over Green Stuff Industries' blog (http://greenstuffindustries.blogspot.com/) about assembling and magnetizing the Forgefiend, and have decided to move in this direction.

Here is the assembly pictures as the model stands now;




I have to say that I think the opinion posted over at GSI is spot on. This model's instructions are seriously lacking, and the model feels like it was a test run to see if GW could somehow dissuade hobbyists from magnetizing. But I feel that the criticism of mold lines is a little over stated.

The magnets I need will be here late next week, maybe the week after. When they arrive, I'll finish assembling this beast, named Surtur, and will have more pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment